Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Being a stay at home mom

Being a sahm is the best decision I've ever made for me and my family. But I do have to say that stay at home parents don't get enough credit sometimes. I've had a couple of difficult jobs but this is much harder. It challenges me, tests my patience and it completely fulfills me. It's truly what I've always wanted and I'm glad that I am able to do what I want.

Being able to teach my child different things, feed him lunch every single day, put him down for naps, and just be with him means the world to me. I understand that it's not for everyone but for me it's exactly what I want to do and I am thankful. I just want everyone to truly understand that being a stay at home parent is truly a difficult job. It doesn't mean that you get to stay at home sit on the couch or clean your house and just do whatever you want. It also doesn't mean that stay at home parents are just cleaning poop or feeding kids all day. Trust me it's much more than that. The same way I understand that being a working parent is difficult I want people to understand that a stay at home parent it also difficult in a different way.

Now that my son is 19 months old I have to plan out different activities so that he is busy but also so that he starts learning different things. I do let him do things on his own so that he can explore and figure some things out himself. I like for him to do that but I also sit with him and read,  show him different shapes or colors and just help him learn. All of this of course while I take care of my 8 month old nephew. But I do have to say he's pretty good and usually is just paying attention to whatever Ethan is doingJust teaching and playing with the kids can fill my day but there's also preparing meals, cleaning up, changing diapers and dealing with our pets so I barely have time to do anything else. But I would not change it for the world. I'm super blessed and so thankful. For the stay at home parents out there I know it can be hard so make sure you take some time to look at your child or children and remember what's it's all about. And for the working parents you are doing a great thing and one day your children will be so thankful for all the hard work just like I am thankful for everything my parents did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment