Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013



Ethan and I will be taking a trip soon to the sunny and tropical Caribbean. I love taking trips but when I know I have to travel alone with him it just makes me nervous. I never know how he's going to behave. He's flown 4 times and he's been great each time but its a little difficult when I'm on my own with him. Thankfully I will only be on my own for one of the flights. Wish me luck.

This time I am packing early to make sure I am prepared and not running around the morning of. I also want to make sure that I don't pack too much so that I have room for all the stuff I will probably buy. So here is a list of what I usually bring for Ethan when we go on vacation.


  1. Sunscreen - Very important when going anywhere especially somewhere super sunny. My favorite is the honest sunscreen.
  2. Hats - I always pack some beach hats and baseball caps.
  3. Stroller- I have a lightweight Chicco stroller that I bring everywhere. Make sure to remove cup holders because they will get lost even when you gate check.
  4. Books - Ethan loves books so I make sure to pack a few for the plane ride and for bedtime.
  5. Toys - I always buy a few small toys that way he has something new and that will hopefully keep him entertained for a while.
  6. Snacks - I buy snacks for the plane and for the week or two that we'll be on vaca. Ethan loves the fruit pouches which are great for traveling. 
  7. Clothes - I usually travel for 2 weeks but only bring enough for a week and then I just do laundry. Of course daytime clothes, pjs, and a bathing suit.
  8. Eating essentials - a couple of sippy cups, silicone bibs, fork and spoon.
  9. Diapers and wipes - I usually only bring enough for the plane ride and first day then I just buy them.
  10. Meds - I always bring some Tylenol and Advil. Very important! I bring a thermometer as well.
The key is to remember to bring the important stuff like anything your child may need to fall asleep like a favorite blanket. Anything else you could always buy so no need to stress about packing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment