Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Cloth diapers

I started using cloth diapers well after Ethan was born. I figured it wasn't too late to start and we are still learning quite a bit about it. We still don't use cloth 100% of the time but we do for most of the day and all night. We still don't use them when we go out but it's better than not using them at all.

So I started out with 3 different brands and I actually like all 3. We use pocket diapers with the microfiber inserts and bioliners. I'm not one of those people who has gone all the way with cloth diapering. I don't have a diaper sprayer so we use the liners which you just put right in the toilet and then you just throw the diaper in the laundry bag. For those of you who have not tried cloth diapering this is super easy and not bad at all.

Here are the diapers we started out with.

Charlie Bananas - These are a pocket diaper but you also have the option of using a disposable pad instead. They are super soft and fit great. Buttons are not my favorite because I have a super squirmy baby. I now know exactly which buttons work for his size so it goes a little quicker now. These cost me a little less than $20 and I got them at Target.

Bum Genius 4.0 - These are great. They are available in the button closure or Velcro and I of course got the Velcro. These also cost a little less than $20 but the quality is great. These I would say are my favorite. I purchased these online at www.cottonbabies.com with free shipping.

Kawaii - These diapers are the affordable choice and I think they are great. Very similar to the BG diaper.  I purchased the heavy duty 2 and have had no problems. I like the outside material on the BG diaper better but like I said we've had no issues with Kawaii. They have quite a few different kinds but I went with the hd2 and have not had any leaks. I am going to try the other types they have because I'm super curious. The best part about these diapers are that the are $7 - $10! These can be purchased on their website www.theluvyourbaby.com

Another great website for purchasing cloth diapers and other items is www.sweetbottomsbaby.com They also have free shipping which is great if you just want to try a few to get started. I absolutely recommend cloth diapering there are several options out there you just have to find what works best for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment