Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

music bin

Ethan loves when we do music time at home or when he does it at his story and music hour at the library. I've read a few montessori articles about having an area for instruments which is great because I already keep all instrument toys in a bin. We have music time some days and I'm trying to teach Ethan to put them away once he is finished before moving on to something else. He's done it but is not consistent yet. He's still young so I like for him to explore and play I'm not trying to force him to do things. As he gets older he will now what to do because I will teach him but I don't like to push things.
I'm still reading quite a bit about the whole montessori approach and I do like it. I'm not a full force montessori type of person. I would love to have everything montessori with all the wooden toys and whatever but we do what we can and it works for us. We do have some wooden toys that I absolutely love but we also have other types of learning toys which is ok with me. Our music toys have come from all different stores and even one homemade. Below are some ideas and where you can get the instruments we have to create your own music area.


Ethan's music bin


Got these at Target for $1 each!
These were my husbands when was young.

I got these when I went on vacation is San Juan, PR. They are mini so they are perfect for him.

This I made out of a plastic bottle and some pasta. He loves it.


No comments:

Post a Comment