Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Birth Story

My water broke on a Saturday and I was just so happy that it didn't happen at work. It was about 3:30 in the afternoon and I was at friends house. I went home right away to take a shower and pack a few more things. I called my doctor and found out she was not on call that day. I was a little upset because the only male doctor at the practice would be delivering my baby. Nothing against him but I just did not want a man looking at my lady parts. But once the pain started I quickly got over that.

So we got to the hospital around 5ish and it took a little while to check in. Once we got a room our nurse said we would be in that room for a while before going to labor and delivery. They monitored my contractions for 20 minutes and said they were mild and I should eat because it would be a while. My husband went down right away to get us dinner at the hospital cafeteria and while he was gone my contractions all of a sudden got stronger. I just could not believe how quickly they came on. I had my husband go get the nurse and she was hesitant to check me which kind of upset me. She was so shocked to find out that I was 5 cm dilated!

After I was rushed labor and delivery my contractions were really strong and it seemed like forever before the nurse finished with all of her questions. Once she was finished it seemed to take even longer for me to get an epidural. But once I got it I really did get a chance to rest. I just hated not being able to move or sit up and I feel like things would have gone a lot faster without it.

Once I got some rest it was a little after midnight when it was time to push. I was terrified but I just went for it and let me tell you it was not easy. I just pushed and pushed and felt like I got nowhere. After 2 hours of pushing Ethan was born at 2:33am weighing in at 6lbs 13oz. It was the most amazing moment in my life.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment