Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My next birth plan

I figured I would continue with the same theme as yesterday. Although I do not plan on having another child just yet, I already know what I would like to change for the next time around.
  • I will definitely not pack as much. I was in my hospital nightgown and a robe the entire time. The hospital I delivered at also had everything that I needed. 
  • I will make sure to sit with nurse to make sure we go over a few things like no nursing students, no pitocin, etc. I didn't have either of these but I really did not take a moment to discuss this with my nurse. This way while I'm in pain or trying to rest I'm not being bothered.
  •  I think I will wait a while before calling family members. With Ethan's birth I wanted to rest but couldn't because I had people in my room. I wouldn't mind having my mom, sister and of course my husband but that is enough for me.   
  •  I will do skin to skin right when he/she is born for a longer period of time. I did skin to skin but I wish I did it for longer. I really want to stop and enjoy that very special moment.
  •  I would have the lactation consultant come and help right away. I thought I could do it myself the first time. I didn't have the lactation consultant come to see me until the last day. 

What changes would you make to your birth plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment