Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Our Saturday

So this morning when I woke up I thought it was going to be a pretty easy day for us. I had a dentist appointment which I was looking forward to. After the dentist I was going to stop at a couple of stores for a birthday present and easter stuff. I only say that I was looking forward to it because I would be on my own and it's just easier to do things on your own.

So when I went to get in the shower there was no hot water. We checked in the basement and the boiler was leaking. We called our oil delivery company and they actually answered. I was just so mad because the boiler is only 4 years old but the person who put it in screwed us. At the time we were fixing up the rest of the house so this guy just did his thing while everyone else helped with the rest of the house. We should have supervised him from the beginning when he purchased the boiler until the end when it was being installed. Anyway, that's a whole story that I don't want to get into.

So while the boiler guy came I had to try and get ready but without showering. I had no time and we still had no hot water. My trip to the dentist was fine but my appointment was pushed back so by the time I was finished I had no time to get my shopping done. We had plans to visit a friend after lunch so I had to go home shower and do lunch so we would get there in time. But while we were having lunch my friend never got back to me which is extremely annoying. This is the second time this has happened. Does she not realize that our weekend time is precious? I don't think I'm going to bother making plans with her anymore.

After we figured out that my friend wasn't going to respond to my texts we decided to just go about our day. We stopped at Target for some storage bins and some other things. I already purchased a toy bin organizer but I needed something for the bigger toys. We ended up getting a laundry basket for like thirteen dollars. I'm also in the middle of reorganizing one of our closets so I got some storage baskets for that. Below are some pics of the new toy organizers. Once the closet is finished I will post some pics of that.
Sorry these pics are a little dark. This is for our downstairs and I like it because I can later maybe add some labels when he's older and keep all toys that are alike together. It's not completely organized yet but you get the idea.



This large storage bin/laundry basket is perfect for his bigger toys. I can really start showing him to put his toys away. He doesn't get it yet but this will be easy for him to help me just toss the toys in.

Another successful Target trip!!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment